How are you? 🤗
I’m feeling somewhat bruised.
My day-to-day is under attack, my career and relationships the main targets–for now.
I’m not entirely surprised. I was flying high. And what goes up, yup, must come down.
Nothing new. Almost getting comical. Nearly getting used to it.
It’s fine, I told the uncontrollable the other day.
Do what you have to do. Blow. Growl. Blast. Break it all.
I’ll just hoover down here below until it’s time again to lift off.
When changes beyond my control are storming through my life, I rely heavily on my morning routine to keep me sane and balanced.
My exact routine differs per day, but it’s always some combination of the following rituals:
- 2-minute stretch (like a long forward fold and 2.5 downward dog)
- Prepare a tea or bulletproof coffee
- Do morning pages (longhand journaling of anything that comes to mind) The Artist’s Way
- Practice Stoic philosophies using The Daily Stoic Journal
- Note what I’m grateful for with the 5-Minute Journal app
- Read a few pages
- Go for a walk around the block
If I do 2 or 3 of these in the morning, I know that the rest of my day will unfold with more calm. Even when everything around me is in flux.
🍒 Cheeky fact: I like to call my morning routines, morning rituals. I find it makes it sound less like I’m ticking off a bunch of tasks, and more like I’m taking care of myself.
Take care of yourself.
With lion love,