My Most Recent Story
Six years ago, I decided that I wasn’t going to be pursuing a career in foreign affairs after all. Instead, I went traveling and started The Spin-Off Project–a lifestyle experiment that I designed to help me discover my passions.
The idea was simple. I would pick twelve things that I wanted to learn or do more, and then I would devote a year of my life to doing one each month.
In between traveling, setting up and dissembling online businesses, and learning to blog, a year became five, and it was only in August 2017 that I checked-off my last spin-off, number twelve, be a photographer.
Now, twelve lifestyles and five years later, I’m looking forward to spending the next five years writing and becoming a full-stack web developer. You can read a little more about it in the post “Hello, World!”
What I’m Doing Now
Last updated: May 22, 2019
· doing Ruby exercises with Mr. G in the mornings
· preparing for my teaching assistant gig with Le Wagon Barcelona
· implementing Laura’s design for The Gatherists
Read more about my current coding plans in the post Leap of Code
· going out for artist dates
· doing morning pages The Artist’s Way + keeping a gratitude journal
· floating (once a month at least)
· going to hot yoga or zen yoga (once or twice a week)
· meditating using the Waking Up app by Sam Harris (10-20 mins. a day)
· running (once a week 5K+)
· weight training (once a week)
📷 Photo taken by Silvia Falcomer – 2017, Seoul
📄 /now page inspired by Derek Sivers’ /now page movement